Wendal Lundy, Food Services Administrator
General activities include the following:
- Provide meals which meet state and federal requirements, while following USDA and Department of Education practices and guidelines.
- Maintain a 4-week cycle menu that is reviewed every 6 months and approved by a registered Dietitian.
- Partner with Sussex County Community Corrections to utilize the farm grown produce grown in correctional menus.
- Collaborate with the Bureau of Correctional Healthcare Services to address special dietary and therapeutic needs of offenders.
- Ensure compliance in maintaining the highest professional standards of security, sanitation, physical hygiene and safety.
- Advertise procurement bids for food and packaged items to ensure value, quality and competitive pricing.
- Maintain food supply inventory consistent with population needs.
- Provide ongoing training to institution kitchen personnel.
- Order, receive, process and deliver products to facilities and institutions.
- Supervise and train inmates in warehouse operations to include handling hazardous chemicals, equipment operation, and inventory control procedures.