Phillip Winder, Director
Information Technology (IT) is responsible for all aspects of managing the Department's information technology resources. IT partners with the Department of Technology and Information (DTI) for many of the department's technology requirements. IT also provides technical support to the DOC's partnership with other criminal justice agencies (police, courts, prosecutors and public defender) as a contributor to and consumer of the State's highly integrated criminal justice information system, DELJIS.
General activities include the following:
- Provide technology guidance, expertise and oversight for major IT projects.
- Establish and maintain technology standards and practices.
- Maintain and update the Delaware Automated Correction System (DACS), the Department's offender management information system.
- Manage all aspects of the local network infrastructure at all facilities.
- Administer a help desk operation, to provide service and support to Department employees experiencing a technology problem, concern or question.
- Oversee information security in accordance with statewide standards.
- Develop and manage a web presence for all aspects of the business of the Department.
- Provide opportunities for the continuous improvement of information technology skills amongst Department personnel.