Phillip Winder, Director
The IT Unit's vision is to provide information strategies and services to deliver DOC's key business needs, to centralize IT services for the Department, and to incorporate more enterprise applications within the Department for consistent tool sets.
General activities include the following:
- Provide technology guidance, expertise and oversight for major IT projects.
- Establish and maintain technology standards and practices.
- Maintain and update the Delaware Automated Correction System (DACS), the Department's offender management information system.
- Manage all aspects of the local network infrastructure at all facilities.
- Administer a help desk operation, to provide service and support to Department employees experiencing a technology problem, concern or question.
- Oversee information security in accordance with statewide standards.
- Develop and manage a web presence for all aspects of the business of the Department.
- Provide opportunities for the continuous improvement of information technology skills amongst Department personnel.