BWCI Visitation Rules & Procedures
- Inmate visits can be scheduled for Thursdays through Mondays at the following times:
10:00am - 11:00am; 11:30am - 12:30pm; 1:00pm - 2:00pm; 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Visits are to be scheduled in advance by calling (302) 577-5837; Monday thru Wednesday. Visits will be scheduled for the following week and will take place on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Effective immediately, if you want to schedule a visit, the Visitation phone line will only be available Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. The number to call for scheduling a visit is 302-577-5837.
- Inmate visits last up to 1 hour
- Effective April 3, 2017 visits will be as follows:
Depending on the circumstances, visits can be either Contact or No-Contact
Visitors' attire should be in good taste and grooming when entering the institution. Correctional staff will determine whether the visitor's clothing is appropriate based on the following guidelines: bathing suits; body suits; strapless or low cut, revealing tops; sleeveless shirts; tube tops; and any type of revealing clothing not adhering to the normal standards of decency will not be permitted. Dresses, skirts, culottes, and/or walking shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee, as measured from the bend in the back of the knee with the waistband in the normal position. Spandex pants, shorts, and leggings are not permitted alone. Leggings may be worn under a skirt. Any see-through material is not permitted.
Visitors are permitted to bring a money order, car keys and identification only.
- Split visits will no longer occur at BWCI.
- Visitation will be either (2) adults and (1) child under the age of 18 or,
- (1) adult and (2) children under the age of 18
- Children under the age of 3, will not be counted in the above numbers
- Any child under the age of 18 will be accompanied by an adult
Effective Monday, December 5, 2016
, Baylor Women's Correctional Institution will only accept money orders by way of the following: U.S. Postal Mail and During the time of the scheduled visit.
A picture identification is required for all visitors. Usually a driver's license or other form of I.D. can be used. For individuals under 16-years old, any picture I.D. would suffice.
All visitors are subject to a metal detector search at the time of each visit. When deemed necessary, the security staff may request a more intense physical search. Should the visitor refuse to comply, they will be denied entrance and ordered off of the property.
Talking to any inmate through institution windows or fences, or having conversations with any inmate other than in the assigned visiting area is strictly prohibited. Visitors must go directly to and from the visiting room/waiting area.
Smoking is not permitted by visitors inside the compound.
No property may be exchanged between an inmate and his visitor(s). All cards, letters, etc., must be sent out through the mail.
Only one (1) inmate may be visited at a time. Cross conversations between other visitors and/or inmates is not permitted.
Visitors and inmates alike should show respect for others visiting and keep all conversations in a low tone. Loud conversations, foul language, arguments, or fighting will result in cancellation of your visits and disciplinary action. We reserve the right to turn away any visitor due to intoxication, failing to obey the directions of officers, or generally misbehaving.