8:00am - 3:30pm
Visitors must abide by the following rules:
- Visits are scheduled for Monday thru Sunday: 8:30 a.m.; 9:30 a.m.; 10:30 a.m.; 11:30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m.; and 2:30 p.m..
- Visits are scheduled one week in advance by contacting 302-575-0330. The visitation scheduling desk is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3: 30 p.m.
- Two adults and two children are permitted on each visit. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian or person over the age of 18. Children ages 14 to 18 years of age must have picture identification (driver's license, state-issued ID, school ID, passport, etc.) All identification must have a current picture, date of birth and full name.
- You must provide the SBI# and/or DOB of the offender when scheduling a visit. You must also provide the birth dates, addresses and telephone numbers for any visitors you are scheduling. If you cannot supply this information the visit will not be scheduled.
- Visits cannot be changed, cancelled or confirmed. Please verify your visit day and time before you end the phone conversation.
- Visits are one (1) hour long.
- Visitors must arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the visit.
- Visitors' attire should be in good taste and grooming when entering the institution. Correctional staff will determine whether the visitor's clothing is appropriate based on the following guidelines: bathing suits; body suits; strapless or low cut, revealing tops; sleeveless shirts; tube tops; and any type of revealing clothing not adhering to the normal standards of decency will not be permitted. Dresses, skirts, culottes, and/or walking shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee, as measured from the bend in the back of the knee with the waistband in the normal position. Spandex pants, shorts, and leggings are not permitted alone. Leggings may be worn under a skirt. Any see-through material is not permitted. Once a visit is denied by staff for clothing infractions, the visit is cancelled for that day. Visitors cannot return to their car and change clothing and then regain admittance.
- Visitors are permitted $5.00 in currency.
- Visitors are permitted to bring car keys and valid form of identification only. If a visitor is bringing a small child (baby, infant or toddler) one diaper, two diaper wipes and bottle are permitted. All other items must be secured in your vehicle. You cannot leave any unauthorized items in the front lobby. As of August 5th, 2013 Money Orders are no longer accepted at the time of visit.
- Talking to any inmate through institution windows or fences, or having conversations with any inmate other than in the assigned visiting area is strictly prohibited. Visitors must go directly to and from the visiting room/waiting area
- All visitors are subject to a metal detector search at the time of each visit. When deemed necessary, the security staff may request a more intense physical search. Should the visitor refuse to comply, they will be denied entrance and ordered off of the property.
- Smoking is not permitted in the facility or on any state property.
- No property may be exchanged between an inmate and his visitor(s). All cards, letters, etc., must be sent out through the mail.
- Only one (1) inmate may be visited at a time. Cross conversations between other visitors and/or inmates is not permitted.
- Visitors and inmates alike should show respect for others visiting and keep all conversations in a low tone. Loud conversations, foul language, arguments, or fighting will result in cancellation of your visits and disciplinary action. We reserve the right to turn away any visitor due to intoxication, failing to obey the directions of officers, or generally misbehaving.
- All inmate visitors may be subject to a background check prior to entering any level 5 facility. If any past felony, misdemeanors, active warrants or present probation is found during these checks, you may be barred from visiting for a specific amount of time. (Incarcerations 10 years from date of release and probation 5 years from date of release)
- Failure to adhere to the Facility rules, regulations or visitation policy may result in your visitation privileges being suspended indefinitely.