State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information
Visit An Offender
JTVCC Visitation Rules & Procedures
- Effective Monday March 2, 2015, visits times are scheduled for Monday - Sunday: 9:00 a.m.; 10:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m.; 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m.; and 2:00 p.m.
- To schedule a visit call the Institution the week prior to the requested visit. The visit scheduling desk is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding State holidays. Persons calling in Delaware can call 1-800-282-8602 for inmates whose last name begins A-J; or 1-800-722-0252 for those inmates whose last name begins K to Z. Persons calling from out of state can dial (302) 653-4828.
- Visits must be scheduled in Advance – Call on Monday through Friday to visit the following Monday through Sunday.
- Visitors must be at the facility a minimum of 30 minutes before the start time of the scheduled visit or you will be denied access.
- The quantity of visits and the length of visits is dependent upon the inmate's quality of life level.
- 2 adults/2 children 5 & under are permitted on the visit.
- Visitors' attire should be conservative and well groomed when entering the institution. Correctional staff will determine whether the visitor's clothing is appropriate based on the following guidelines: bathing suits; body suits; strapless or low cut, revealing tops; sleeveless shirts; tube tops; and any type of revealing clothing not adhering to the normal standards of decency will not be permitted. Dresses, skirts, culottes, and/or walking shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee, as measured from the bend in the back of the knee with the waistband in the normal position. Spandex pants, shorts, and leggings are not permitted alone. Leggings may be worn under a skirt. Any see-through material is not permitted.
- Visitors are permitted to bring money orders or cashier's checks, car key, and photo identification with full address. Visitors with infants are permitted to bring in one plastic baby bottle, one diaper, one small blanket, and two disposable wipes. No other items are allowed.
- Visitors must have a photo identification with complete, current address for any visitor age 16 and over.
- All visitors are subject to a metal detector search at the time of each visit. When deemed necessary, the security staff may request a more intense physical search. Should the visitor refuse to comply, they will be denied entrance and ordered off of the property.
- Talking to any inmate through institution windows or fences, or having conversations with any inmate other than in the assigned visiting area is strictly prohibited. Visitors must go directly to and from the visiting room/waiting area.
- Smoking is not permitted on State property.
- No property may be exchanged between an inmate and his visitor(s). All cards, letters, etc., must be sent out through the mail.
- Only one (1) inmate may be visited at a time. Cross conversations between other visitors and/or inmates is not permitted.
- Visitors and inmates alike must show respect for others visiting and keep all conversations in a low tone. Loud conversations, foul language, arguments, or fighting will result in cancellation of the visit and disciplinary action. We reserve the right to turn away any visitor due to intoxication, failing to obey the directions of officers, or generally misbehaving.
- Visitors who commit serious violations of visiting rules will be barred from future visitation.