Central Business office
Kimberly Girantino, Controller
VISIONThe Central Business Office (CBO) is responsible for payroll processing, accounts payable and receivable, grants management, budget preparation, fiscal year close-out and start-up, purchasing and contract and fleet management.
General activities include the following:
- Provide information and training opportunities to the facility financial personnel regarding Department and State Accounting policies and procedures.
- Support the development of the Department's annual budget.
- Continue efforts to automate documentation and central business operations.
- Perform audit functions throughout the year to ensure proper procedures are followed and accurate documentation is maintained.
- Maintain accurate and timely records and processing of payroll checks to approximately 2,500 employees.
- Maintain Department's official Purchasing Manual to provide all financial officers and other staff a valuable tool for procurement and contracting activities.
- Process purchasing documents, including Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Purchase Order Modifications.
- Manage the Department's fleet of vehicles to include inventory tracking, mileage management, usage review, vehicle reservations and violations/misuse resolution.
- Maintain current listing of all Statewide and Department-specific contracts on the Department's Extranet site.
- Publish monthly Purchasing newsletter to Department's Extranet site.