Now Offering $5,000 Signing Bonus for Correctional Officer Series!
VISIONThe Delaware Department of Correction is the state's largest law enforcement agency. Our Mission is to Protect the public by supervising adult offenders through safe and humane services, programs and facilities.
The DOC has broad responsibilities, which encompasses prisons to probation and parole. Which we call a Unified Correctional System.
The State of Delaware utilizes Delaware Employment Link (DEL) for recruitment. With DEL you can:
- View job postings with specific information such as location and job duties
- Create a profile and application that can be easily saved, updated, and reused for future job postings
- Self screen and apply on line anytime, day or night to positions that interest you
- Sign up for e-mail notifications when openings in your desired field occur
The recruitment team is comprised of two Correctional Sergeants, working in conjunction with the Bureau of Administrative Services to build and maintain the more than 2,600 uniformed officer and staff positions within the largest law enforcement agency in the State of Delaware. DOC recruiters work tirelessly to attract new employees through job fairs, recruitment events, and community outreach. DOC recruiters actively work to attract new employees to the department, screen and select applicants, integrate the new personnel into the organization, and increase the morale of current staff.
Our ideal candidates have the capability to exercise initiative in their work, and have the aptitude to accept responsibility and handle difficult situations. They have the skill learn a variety of subjects quickly and correctly, in addition to possessing the mental and physical strength and endurance to remain calm in emotionally charged situations. Our candidates should possess the social skills and abilities that would enable them to communicate effectively with persons of various cultural, economic, and ethnic backgrounds. If you are seeking a challenging, exciting, and rewarding career we encourage you to contact us per the information below.
Employees in a Correctional Officer (CO) or Probation and Parole Officer series position will be eligible to retire under the provisions of HB363 if, at the time of retirement, they have completed twenty-five (25) years of pension creditable State service, and with at least twenty (20) of those years of pension creditable service as a CO or PO series classified position.
- Must be 19 1/2 years of age
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- No Felony Convictions
- No DUI Convictions within 2 years
As of July 4, 2021, Selected incumbent's annual base starting salary is $39,880. Upon successful completion of the Correctional Employee Initial Training (CEIT) course, and after being assigned to a facility, the salary will increase to $44,500. Additionally, the incumbent will be eligible for a 5% shift differential if he/she works four or more hours between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Upon satisfactory completion of department promotional standards and job requirements, employees may be eligible to be promoted to the next level. This career ladder encompasses three levels: Correctional Officer, Correctional Corporal and Correctional Sergeant.
Employees who have equivalent work experience from another state Department of Correction shall be placed on the DOC salary step table and receive qualified length of service credit for up to and not greater than 10 years of service for compensation purposes only. The State will make final determination on equivalent experience. Correctional Officer Pay Scales
- At least 20 and 1/2 years of age.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services or related field.
- Possess a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
- At least 20 and 1/2 years of age.
- At least 60 college credits.
- Knowledge of case management which includes assessing, planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating options and services to meet an individual's human service needs.
- Knowledge of behavior management which includes understanding, explaining, describing, and predicting behavior, studying the connection between behavior and its causes and identifying appropriate behavior modification strategies for individual situations.
- Knowledge of interviewing which includes using structured or unstructured interview techniques to obtain facts, explore issues and identify courses of action.
- Knowledge of narrative report writing.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Selected incumbent's annual base starting salary is $45,000, effective July 4, 2021. Upon successful completion of the Basic Offiers Training Course (BOTC), and after being assigned to a District Office, the incumbent will be eligible for a 5% shift differential if he/she works four or more hours between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Probation and Parole Officer Pay Scales
- May 4th
- : Milford High School (3:00PM - 5:30PM)
- May 11th
- : State of Delaware Department of Human Resources Career Fair in partnership with the Delaware National Guard at the Delaware National Guard Smyrna Readiness Center, 103 Artisan Dr., Smyrna, DE, 1997 (12:30PM - 4:30PM)
- May 12th
- : 15th Annual Cecil County Job Fair at Singerly Fire Company Banquet Hall, 300 Newark Ave., Elkton, MD, 21921 (12:00PM - 4:00PM)
- May 14th
- : Philadelphia 2022 Diversity Law Enforcement Career Fair at Temple University, 1816 N. 15th St., Philadelphia, PA, 19121 (8:00AM - 3:00PM)
- May 18th
- : Harvest Ridge Winery, 447 Westville Rd., Marydel, DE, 19964 (2:00PM - 5:00PM)
- May 19th
- : 8th Annual Nine Innings of Networking at Frawley Stadium, 801 Shipyard Dr., Wilmington, DE, 19801 (6:00PM - 8:00PM)
- May 25th
- : Department of Labor Multi-Employer Job Fair at Rosehill Community Center, 19 Lambson Ln., New Castle, DE, 19720 (12:00PM - 3:00PM)
- May 26th
- : Mercer County Job Fair at CURE Insurance Arena, 81 Hamilton Ave., Trenton, NJ, 08611 (10:00AM - 1:00PM)
- June 14th
- :8th Annual Nine Innings of Networking at Frawley Stadium, 801 Shipyard Dr., Wilmington, DE, 19801 (6:00PM - 8:00PM)
- June 15th
- : Department of Labor Multi-Employer Job Fair at Delaware Technical Stanton Campus, 400 Stanton Christiana Rd., Newark, DE (12:00PM - 3:00PM)
- July 6th
- : Ocean City Police Department's 2022 Job Fair at the Grand Hotel and Spa, 2100 Baltimore Ave., Ocean City, MD, 21842 (10:00AM - 3:00PM)
For additional information contact our Department of Correction Recruiters:
Sgt. Recruiter Jamie Bartlett
Sgt. Recruiter Richard BulsonDepartment of Correction Administration Building
245 McKee Road
Dover, DE 19904
General Information Employment Line:(302) 857-5298