New Employee Orientation
Welcome to the Department of Correction (DOC), New Employee Orientation.
Below are additional resources specific to DOC. Reviewing the DOC Website will help you get to know the wide variety of services provided by our department. We are committed to protecting the public by supervising adult offenders through safe and humane services, programs and facilities.
Action Required In addition to the Statewide Policies and Procedures, our department requires that all new employees review several additional Policies and Procedures and documents. Please complete these and return them with the rest of your new hire paperwork to your Human Resources Representative. Your Human Resources Representative will schedule a date for you to submit your paperwork and to complete the sign-up process. Please complete the following documents:
- Code of Conduct: This Code of Conduct applies to all Department of Correction employees. Please read the Code to become familiar with its contents. You should refer back to it as a guide throughout your career. Certification of Receipt of Policy Please complete this document to certify that you have been given a copy of the Code of Conduct.
- CobraServ: Under the term of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA), as amended, current or former employees and their eligible dependents who are covered under a group health plan have the right to elect to temporarily continue health coverage if coverage terminates due to a "Qualifying Event". Those eligible to continue coverage become "Qualified Beneficiaries" under the law.
- Conditions of Employment: This document provides you with information about what is required to be hired with the Department of Correction and the reasons you may be terminated. Please sign and return this to Human Resources.
- Discrimination Prohibited: This document states that the Department of Correction operates under the policy that no person shall be discriminated against on the grounds of race, religion, color, sex, age or nationality. Please sign and return to Human Resources.
- Employee Drug Testing: The Employee Drug Testing Policy applies to all Department of Correction employees and applicants. This policy will act as an official notice for periodic drug testing. No other announcement will be made. Please read through the policy to become familiar with it. New employees must complete and return the attached receipt to the Office of Human Resources. Drug Testing Policy Acknowledgement Please complete this document to confirm that you have been given a copy of the Employee Drug Testing Policy.
- History of State Service: You will need to provide information about previous State Employment. Please be prepared to tell us which agency you worked and the time periods. Please complete and return to Human Resources.
- Line of Duty Life Insurance: (for eligible employees who are killed in the line of duty). This policy is worth $200,000.00 and is paid in the case of your death in the line of duty. This coverage is for the employee only. There is no cost to you for this policy. You will need to provide the name of a beneficiary. Please complete and return to Human Resources.
- Standard Insurance Company: (For positions covered by COAD and Local 247 Unions Only) This policy is worth $2,000 and is provided by the Department at no charge to you. You will need to provide the name of a beneficiary. Please complete and return to Human Resources.
- Prison Rape Elimination Act: This document deals with the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003. Please complete and return this form to Human Resources.
- Request for Fingerprints
- Human Resources Representative Contacts
- HR Organizational Chart